The Center for Neuromuscular and Massage Rehabilitation is a top provider of physical therapy, chiropractic, and massage therapy services in downtown Washington DC. We are prepared to handle a wide variety of clients- from athletes with serious injuries, to chronic pain and fibromyalgia, to those with longstanding alignment issues. At CNMR, we treat people one-on-one, and offer a sincere, personal, and directed approach at healing your body.
Physical therapists in the DC area are easy to come by. From hospitals to clinics, we are everywhere. What is difficult is to find a therapist who actually spends time with you, gets to understand your concerns and can serve as your guide to recovery. Often it is not enough just to receive treatment- a good therapist will try to understand all the factors which are required for a complete recovery. From ergonomic and postural issues, to rotator cuff strains, ACL tears or hip bursitis, CNMR's physical therapists can tailor a program to fit your needs exactly.
Chiropractic care is essential to clients with spinal injuries and misalignments. In many ways, chiropractors offer the ‘gold standard’ for realigning the patient and helping to solve mechanical dysfunctions of the vertebrae. CNMR chiropractic is a fantastic method to produce effective and lasting postural and functional changes in the spine, both alone, and in concert with physical or massage therapy. In fact, having an in-house chiropractor sets our physical therapy clinic apart from others!
The typical Washington DC massage therapist will simply relax a client’s body. While this is important and helpful to an overworked city, there might not be any lasting result from the treatment. Massage therapy at CNMR is different. We undergo a scientific progress to determine where the problems are, identify the inflamed and injured muscle, and employ a number of tools to effectively reduce the pain and improve function of the muscle. Massage at CNMR is both available as a stand-alone service, and as part of a comprehensive physical therapy or chiropractic treatment.
Since we are a comprehensive therapy clinic, we do accept insurance. We know how hard it is to find holistic remedies which insurance will cover. Check out the Health Insurance
tab for details.
- Strengthening weak or correcting imbalanced muscles
- Stretching muscles to decrease pain and spasm
- Increasing mobility of the spine and vertebrae
- Improving strength and coordination for daily or sport use
- Improving posture for pain relief while at work or home
- Address home exercises for carryover
- Kinesiotaping for improved muscle function
- Active Release Therapy
- Deep tissue muscular release
- Trigger point release
- Myofascial release
- Neuromuscular therapy
- Spinal adjustment and realignment
- Postural assessment and correction
- Improve the mobility and function of the nervous system
- Relieve pain from distressed intervertebral joints
- Decrease tightness of intervertebral ligaments
- Increase joint and tissue mobility
- Reduce pinching and abutment of vertebral structures
Call us now at 202-257-1363
to schedule an appointment to evaluate your pain and alignment issues.