The Center for Neuromuscular and Massage Rehabilitation is pleased to announce the addition of chiropractic adjustment services to our clinic. Since true holistic therapy encompasses a wide range of ideas and scopes, merging chiropractic with physical and massage therapy can provide a recuperative synergy beyond the borders of any one treatment.
Chiropractic is a specialty within the healthcare field that treats health problems by restoring proper alignment, joint movement, and nerve function. A chiropractor accomplishes this by performing spinal adjustments to help restore proper alignment, increase movement in vertebrae, and decrease pain and irritation from injury.
Specific chiropractic technique may vary depending on what needs to be accomplished. Some people benefit most from a traditional form of spinal correction. For others, a more gentle approach is necessary. Since one type of adjusting doesn't work for everyone, we match patient goals and needs with the technique that can correct the problem as quickly and effectively as possible.
Whether the goal is to recover from injury or to help keep the body performing at an optimal level, many of our patients optimize their treatment by combining chiropractic with physical therapy and massage therapy. We provide all three forms of treatment in order to best meet the needs of our patients.
Dr. Brian Lancaster received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from New York Chiropractic College in Seneca Falls. Prior to studying chiropractic he obtained his undergraduate degree from James Madison University. He was born and raised in Chesapeake, VA.
Dr. Lancaster has always been fascinated with the function and anatomy of the human body. As an avid long distance runner and mountain-biker, he has always been interested in maximizing the performance and minimizing personal injury. To further this end, he decided to attend chiropractic college in order to find these answers, and spread the information to his clientele.
While studying chiropractic he began to realize the significance of the structure of the spine and the effect that day to day stress can have on it. This motivated him to incorporate structural and postural rehabilitation techniques as an integral part of his practice, in addition to athletic counseling. Brian has been a doctor of chiropractic for over ten years in Virginia Beach, VA as well as Maryland.
Dr. Lancaster has great enthusiasm for chiropractic care, both as a tool for rehabilitation and for enhancing wellness. He has a strong interest in treating disc disorders, as well as biophysics- a subset of chiropractic focusing on restoring the proper curves of the spine. He incorporates a wide range of techniques into his practice, including Cox flexion distraction, Activator, Diversified technique, and various soft tissue techniques. He currently treats patients with musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, such as headaches, neck pain, midback pain, low back pain, and disc herniations. He also specializes in treating sports-related injuries, including tendonitis, muscle strain, disc and joint degeneration, and knee and hip injuries.
Thanks for your interest in chiropractic care here at CNMR. We value the opportunity to blend Dr. Lancaster’s expertise into a complete and integrated program. Use chiropractic as a stand-alone treatment, or in combination with physical and massage therapy. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call.
How does chiropractic adjustment therapy help if you have…
- Neck pain
- A car accident
- Low back pain
- A sports injury
- Arthritic conditions
If you have neck pain, we can:
- Assess and help correct improper posture.
- Determine appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Evaluate sleeping and work positions.
- Perform chiropractic adjustments to increase movement in tight and restricted joints.
- Decrease muscular tightness in the neck and upper back regions.
If you suffer from headache pain, we can:
- Help to determine the cause of the pain.
- Decrease associated muscle tightness in the upper neck area.
- Perform gentle chiropractic adjustments to the neck to take pressure off of irritated nerves.
- Help correct abnormal neck alignment issues that can cause tension and stress.
- Provide diet, postural, and work recommendations to help reduce headache frequency.
If you have been in a car accident, we can:
- Provide treatment following the accident ,when pain is significant.
- Increase movement in tight and restricted areas of the neck and back.
- Document injuries and impairments that affect your daily activities.
- Work with your attorney, or help you to find one that best fits your needs.
- Provide expert testimony in court, if needed.
If you have low back pain, we can:
- Determine whether the pain is coming from vertebrae, muscles, disc, or nerves.
- Perform chiropractic adjustments to decrease pain and increase movement.
- Assess gait and leg length imbalance.
- Correct muscle imbalance in the low back or lower extremities.
- Provide home exercises to help you to maintain lasting relief from pain.
If you have suffered a sports injury, we can:
- Help to minimize the initial pain and inflammation.
- Order appropriate x-rays, MRIs, or other diagnostic tests.
- Increase strength and range of motion in the injured area.
- Provide a treatment plan to facilitate faster recovery.
- Help you to prevent the injury from occurring again.
If you suffer from arthritic conditions, we can:
- Decrease pain and inflammation in the problem areas
- Provide gentle treatment in joints and surrounding muscles
- Help to keep the problem from affecting other areas
- Outfit you with any necessary supports or devices to help manage the problem areas
- Recommend activities and exercises that will minimize stress on the problem areas
Call CNMR at 202-257-1363
to see how chiropractic adjustments may be helpful to you! We are within walking distance from Farragut North and Farragut West Metro stations in Washington DC.